[Coco] NitrOS9 Sources

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Mon Mar 11 20:36:57 EDT 2013

On Mar 11, 2013, at 3:56 PM, Bill Gunshannon <billg999 at cs.uofs.edu> wrote:
> And why are the original sources thought to be non-existant?  Did
> MicroWare actually say that before their demise?  There were other
> derived products like CD-RTOS that had to have copies of the sources.
> Copies must exist somewhere.

The 6809 stuff was all before the days of version control. When we moved out of the Microware building, we tried to save various items of historical interest. This is how I came to posses one of the original Radio Shack Color Computer 3 prototypes. But, the machine that held the 6809 sources was long lost -- I recall seeing it, missing a hard drive, and Boisy has previously posted that the machine was used for target practice after that.

So it may exist on a tape backup or random floppy disks, but if so, it hasn't turned up. I saved a big box of floppies and we had them read (as many as possible) but I don't think we found any of the 6809 stuff.

-
Allen Huffman - PO Box 22031 - Clive IA 50325 - 515-999-0227 (vmail/TXT only)
Sent from my MacBook.

22nd Annual "Last" Chicago CoCoFEST! April 27-28, 2013. Lombard, IL. http://www.glensideccc.com