[Coco] Intro and need some help (Was: Re: (no subject))

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Fri Mar 8 23:23:44 EST 2013

Bill Gunshannon wrote:

><snip>
> And, the big question is why do they work from the floppy and not
> from the hard disk?  Surely the system can't tell where they are
> coming from.

Bill, the answer to your question is simple. Look at the ident results for the
modules you posted. They may have had different names in the RBF directory but
all three were the same module, I0, with identical CRCs. Now that is obviously
wrong and when you built a custom bootfile with a script, you did not get the
descriptors you expected.
On the other hand, the floppy already had an OS9Boot file with the correct
descriptors. That was independent of whether the modules in the RBF directory
were correct.

You can either build your own I1 and Ih descriptors from the source code or I
could send you the correct descriptors. In fact I'll do that and send them to
your college address.

Robert