[Coco] [Color Computer] Re: Is this worth the buy?

Harry Hurst hhos at st-tel.net
Wed Mar 6 05:48:32 EST 2013

> I have yet to hear of a CoCo ROM failing, other than by being plugged
> in backwards or some such.
>
> Far more likely is a bad 6809, in my opinion.
>
> Reseating everything socketed would be a good first step.  (The guy
> already did that with the GIME, to no avail.)

I've never had a 6809 go bad on me, but I think if that did happen I
wouldn't get a nice green screen. I would expect a bunch of garbage
instead. I have had a MC6883 go bad and show this kind of result before.
Therefore, I would go with a bad GIME on this one. Looking at the picture
in the ad I see that it is one of the original 1986 GIME's here. That
makes me even more certain that is the problem.

HH