[Coco] 44-color display mode code images available

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Tue Mar 5 16:12:43 EST 2013

On Sun, Mar 03, 2013 at 06:40:03PM -0600, Joel Ewy wrote:
> On 03/03/2013 04:44 PM, John W. Linville wrote:

> >Now, updated to work with PAL CoCo machines as well.  I _think_
> >that the PAL version might work with the Dragon 32 as well.  FWIW,
> >I'm also told that the existing _NTSC_ version worked for the Dragon
> >64, since it hides the extra hsync signals from the software...
> >
> >	http://vdgtricks.blogspot.com/2013/03/curiouser-and-curiouser.html
> >
> >Enjoy!
> >
> >John
> This looks very cool, John.  I intend to load your pics up on my old
> CoCo (1) and see what they look in person.  It might just be
> exciting enough to motivate me to figure out how to use git so I can
> convert some photos of my own.
>
> JCE

BTW, from the "credit where credit is due" department...  While looking
for something the other day I found this thread:

	http://five.pairlist.net/pipermail/coco/2007-January/026637.html

Not exactly what I am doing, but more-or-less the same idea!
It's funny, because at that time I had practically zero interest
in the original CoCo (i.e. non-CoCo3) platform and almost certainly
glazed over that post if I read it at all.  There was even some talk
of dealing with PAL timings in another part of the overal topic:

	http://five.pairlist.net/pipermail/coco/2007-January/026644.html

Everything old is new again, I suppose... :-)

John