[Coco] 15Khz RGB RGsB RGBS to VGA Converter For LCD Monitor

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 20:21:12 EST 2013

On Sun, 3 Mar 2013, Allen Huffman wrote:

> On Mar 3, 2013, at 8:27 AM, Steven Hirsch <snhirsch at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 2 Mar 2013, Luis Fernández wrote:
>>
>>> 15Khz RGB RGsB RGBS to VGA Converter For LCD Monitor
>>> http://www.ebay.com/itm/230754149562?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
>>
>> That's an Ambery converter.  You can get it cheaper directly from:
>>
>> www.ambery.com/rgrgtotvosc.html
>>
>> I've never tried one and have always been curious about its performance.
>

> Looks like that link is already dead, but I found the product on their
> site -- also $89 like the e-Bay listing. What did you see it for,
> earlier?

Odd, I just added it to a shopping cart (Yahoo marketplace) and it came up
at $85.

I've seen Yahoo and Amazon play silly games with pricing based on cookies.
Amazon's particularly bad with this.  You go to a product the first time
and it's one price, navigate back again and it's $10 more.  If they think
that will convince me to jump immediately the next time, someone should
think again.  The actual effect is for me to seek a different vendor the
next time.