[Coco] SuperComm and DW4 virtual modems

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Sun Mar 3 08:37:11 EST 2013

Joel Ewy wrote:
> On 03/02/2013 07:51 PM, Joel Ewy wrote:
>> Hey all,
>>
>> Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I'm having trouble getting supercomm to
>> communicate over DW4's virtual modem.  ...
>> JCE
>>
> Ok, I did get it to work by booting the server disk image that has the drivers
> and descriptors in the boot file.  What might I be doing wrong when I load the
> driver and descriptors after the system is booted? Trying to load a driver and
> descriptors after the system is booted?
>
><snip>

Joel,

It is not unusual that a driver descriptor package loaded after booting fails.
This does not always happen and seems to depend on the driver in question.

What helps and may work for you, is to INIZ a descriptor before using the
driver. So 'iniz n' could solve your problem of desiring a minimal boot while
still having access to the virtual modem.

Robert