[Coco] Coco 2 & 3 US Needed for Experiments

Harry Hurst hhos at st-tel.net
Sat Mar 2 10:07:35 EST 2013

> Hello Everybody,
>
> I need to acquire a Coco 2 and a Coco 3, US versions, preferably with
> sockets and an Hitachi HD63C09E but not necessary, for interfacing
> experiments.  If anybody has anything resembling the above laying around,
> would be interested in talking with you.  I have one Coco 2 and Coco 3
> that
> I want to keep pristine.  If I have only one of something, I rarely modify
> it so I have a reference to go by if something doesn't go as planned.
> That's my way of covering the oops'.  J  If they already have other mods
> then that will be ok as well.  All offers will definitely be considered
> including DOAs as long as they are physically intact.  Thank you guys for
> digging around in all your "goodie" boxes!  :P  Happy Coco Hunting!
>
> Kip

There are several CoCo2's available on eBay, and at least one CoCo3. Here
are some that I found in just a couple of minutes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tandy-Color-Computer-3-128K-CoCo3-/230936935987?pt=US_Vintage_Computers_Mainframes&hash=item35c4e9fe33

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USED-Vintage-Tandy-Color-Computer-2-/181085589022?pt=US_Vintage_Computers_Mainframes&hash=item2a298ace1e

http://www.ebay.com/itm/vintage-TANDY-RADIO-SHACK-TRS-80-COLOR-COMPUTER-2-with-64K-Extended-Basic-/290871565641?pt=US_Vintage_Computers_Mainframes&hash=item43b94bdd49

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Tandy-64K-Color-Computer-2-Model-26-1209-/261177542867?pt=US_Vintage_Computers_Mainframes&hash=item3ccf6508d3

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1983-Radio-Shack-TRS-80-Color-Computer-2-/330874123409?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d09a27491

The CoCo3 looks like it is a DOA, but re-seating the GIME might fix it.

HH