[Coco] CF Configuration Question

Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) retrocanada76 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 10:08:30 EDT 2013

Mark I noticed you don't use 127MB for OS-9 on your stock CF card.

I made a new CF card with:

0) 127mb part. with NitrOS-9 6309 level 2 (dd and i0 pointed to part. 0)
1) 2mb part. with NitrOS-9 6809 level 2 (dd = part1, i0 = part 0)
2) 2mb part. with NitrOS-9 6809 level 1 (coco2b lowercase) (dd = part 2, i0
= part 0)
3) 2mb part. with NitrOS-9 6809 level 1 (coco1/2) (dd = part 3, i0 = part 0)
4) 2mb part. with OS-9 2.01 level 1 (phoenix) (dd = part4, i0 = part 0)
5) 75mb 256 virtual disks
6) 75mb 256 virtual disks (mod player with 100's of mod music)

with the default $052DDC we have the first virtual disk around 165Mb on CF
card. So there is plenty of space for mutiple OS-9s.

With this I can boot in any of my machines just selecting the right boot
number, and all the apps and games are visible in /i0 no need to duplicate
them all. The partition 4 is used for compatibility with old games like
sierra coco1/2 adventures. They don't work properly on nitros9.

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 9:54 AM, Mark Marlette <mmarlette at frontiernet.net>wrote:

> 64MB is pretty small, HDB-DOS with all 256 drives requires ~75MB IIRC.
>
> Add a NitrOS-9 partition with a cluster of 1 max'd out, another 127MB. You
> can see 256MB is the sweet spot.
>
> You can go larger. 24 bit LSN supportted.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mark
> http://www.cloud9tech.com

Long live the CoCo