[Coco] CF Configuration Question

Ed Orbea ed.orbea at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 21:33:12 EDT 2013

Since I can't seem to 'duplicate' my Cloud9 CF card using dd for Windows
or SIDEWalk or Acronis, until I fugure it out (with Mark's help) I
decided to try to create brand new CF card.
My system is a CoCo3, with SuperIDE in slot 1, Orch-90 in slot 2, SSC in
slot 3, Disto II with HDB-DOS & DW3 in ROM
I set the MPI selector to slot 4
Insert a blank 256mg SanDIsk CF in the SuperIDE slot
Power on the system
Enter DRIVE OFF to use the physical disks
Note: I did not use poke &HFF7F,0

Load IDEPROBE.BAS from the utilities disk run it
It shows:
logical cyl=980
logical heads=11
logical sectors=32
Total Sectors=501760
LBA is supported

Then I load WIZARD.BAS from the HDBDOS disk and run 50000 (I do this
becasue I want to use the programming already done by Mark/Boisy).
It tells me that I have 339420 sectors available
Drive capacity is 122.50mb
HDB capacity is 39.38mb (for 256 virtual disks)
OS9 capacity is 83.13mb
An the 'magic number' is &H53200 or 340480 sectore

Then I boot the SuperIDE OS9 Disk and following the information in
"Installing & Configuring NirtOS9 and HDB-DOS", I use dmode to configure
/i0 as cyl=be00 sid=7 sct=1 t0s=1 typ=81 and format it
After I say no (or even yes) to logical and physical format and enter
the drive name, I get an error 250

What obvious thing am I missing?
Do I need to locate install the original Disto ROM and configure HDB DOS
first? I assumes that I would not have to as I have HDBDOS 1.1a in my
FDCC and 1.1d in SuperIDE

Thanks