[Coco] Programming help

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Jun 25 12:20:55 EDT 2013

On Tuesday 25 June 2013 12:17:49 Bill did opine:

> No, I typed in the entire program. As it was listed. I deleted line 10,
> and when I assembled it, got 0 total errors. But when I loaded it and
> executed it, the computer locked up and I had to reboot to get loose
> from it. I just didn't list the entire listing in the post here (takes
> up too much room.)
>
> I'm an old-time program typer (since the early 1980s), so I'm pretty
> good at reading and typing what's there. Just not a programmer, so if
> the code is wrong, I don't have a clue.

Another huge gotcha in many of those old listings is the inability of the
reader to discern whether that character is a 1(one) or an l(ell), most
DMP's used to make the offset plates in those days, did not make a
distinction and the reader had to rely on surrounding context to decide
which it was.  Sometimes even trying it both ways to see which worked...

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My views
	"Do you believe in intuition?"
	"No, but I have a strange feeling that someday I will."
         law-abiding citizens.