[Coco] Programming help

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 09:40:35 EDT 2013

On Tue, Jun 25 2013, Bill wrote:

10          NAM   B256 ß This is the culprit. Nothing I do will make it
> right.
>
> 70          ORG   $0EOO
>
> 80          ORCC #$50
>
> 90          LDX   #$8000
>
> 100         LDY   #$FFC0      *BANK 0
>
> 110   COPY  STB   $FFDE
>
> 120         LDB   O,Y
>
> 130         LDA   O,X
>
> 140         LDB   $08,Y *BANK 00/00
>
> 150         STB   $FFDF
>
> Everything else is fine, but I cannot get the first command correct. No
> matter what I do, it comes up with a ‘BAD OPCODE’ error.

The NAM pseudo-op is a give away to the Micro Works Macro-80C Assembler for
the CoCo, this came out before Radio Shack issued their EDTASM Pak. Many
assembly listings in early CoCo publications will have source code intended
for the Macro-80C, minor edits (as you have found) will be required to use
on EDTASM. Fun times always! :-)

-- RP