[Coco] Tandy Coco hard drive controller

L. Curtis Boyle curtisboyle at sasktel.net
Mon Jun 24 11:19:33 EDT 2013

Oh, it existed all right. It was a $129 adaptor for a "real" hard drive controller board, compatible with the huge (and hugely expensive) hard drives that Radio Shack sold for their other TRS-80's. The descriptors for it were included on the OS-9 Config disk, I believe, and supported up to a 70MB drive (going from memory here), with smaller options as well. I don't know anybody that used them, though, except I think Steve Bjork did early on, as these were very primitive and expensive drives at the time.

L. Curtis Boyle
curtisboyle at sasktel.net