[Coco] COCO Video

billg999 at cs.uofs.edu billg999 at cs.uofs.edu
Mon Jun 24 08:06:03 EDT 2013

> John, you've probably been asked this before, but what do you think of the
> theory that the 6847 and 6883 were designed specifically for Tandy? The
> 6883
> in particular smells like a breadboard of TTL glue that got the old
> shrinkeroo into a 40 pin DIP.

I have seen this comment a few times recently.  To be honest, I don't
think Tandy ever expected the COCO to be anything but a cartridge based
game console like the Atari 2600 (thus the reason they never did a hard
disk for it even though they did for every one of the Z80 based systems).
Given that, I can't see them investing that much effort.

bill