[Coco] OSX hacker needed

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 16:41:01 EDT 2013

Hello CoCoNuts,

Would any Mac/OSX types be willing to take on a (hopefully) minor
project that needs someone with a bit of OSX programming expertise?

DriveWire 4 has a nice .exe launcher for Windows with a proper icon,
etc.  You can also just double click on the .jar file to start DW in
Windows.

In Linux, you can double click the .jar file or run the included .sh
script, which depending on the gui and file manager one is using often
looks fairly obviously like the thing the user should do.

However, on the Mac things are not great.  Double clicking on the .jar
doesn't work.  I created a .command file that sort of works, but it
leaves an unneeded Terminal.app window around and it doesn't look like
something Mac folks are used to seeing, no icon or any visual clues.

Can anybody create some binary that will look like "The Right Thing To
Do" with a proper icon that simply launches the JVM with some hard
coded arguments?  I have googled around and not found such a thing.
On Windoze I just use "launch4j" and it creates the nice .exe for me,
but Mac doesn't seem to have an equivalent.

Thanks for any help or guidance
-Aaron