[Coco] COCO Video

john dumas JohnDumas at austin.rr.com
Wed Jun 19 10:04:06 EDT 2013

On 6/19/2013 8:41 AM, Mark Marlette wrote:
> John,
>
> Yes, I have two in my possession, this is of the CoCo3/GIME and not the 6847.
Yeah, that's what I thought. If a '47 BB existed, it must have been
somewhere other than
Austin.

And Bye the Bye, it is believed by many that the VDG was specifically
designed
for Tandy (the VideoTex). That *MAY* be true, but the rumor going around
Austin
during the design phase was that it was for an un-named game company to
make a home game console. Due to the way the VDG project came about, we
may never know....

But when the silicon was available, the buzz became that the supposed
"game company"
was not going to buy and MOT went looking and found Tandy. That is what
I was given
to believe at the time. After all this time, I wonder if we can ever get
documentation
that will give a true and accurate picture. Boisy has done the hard work
and thanks to him!

cheers,
johnd