[Coco] CoCo monstrosity |was: [OT] Atari 8-bit video card

Nick Marentes nickma at optusnet.com.au
Mon Jun 17 18:25:06 EDT 2013

I would imagine that the extra video RAM will be included with the new
video hardware, making it seperate to the CoCo's RAM.

This would mean that access to it will be slower going through a "port"
address.

Also, if you're talking VGA higher res and maybe more colors, then that
means a larger than 64K video ram to update. I think this will make it
no good for games but great for show images.

I'm wondering if a scanline doubler for the existing GIME output is all
that's needed for LCD monitor display... of which Roy has already done this.

Nick