[Coco] CoCo monstrosity |was: [OT] Atari 8-bit video card

John Donaldson johnab8yz at verizon.net
Mon Jun 17 16:53:57 EDT 2013

IMHO, I wonder if a GIME replacement would not be the best thing. it
would involve having a daughter board approach. where some kind of
adapter that plugs into the GIME socket and the new chip on a daughter
board then installs. I am sure that most if not all of the GIME
functions have been reversed engineered by now. Say a VGA controller
with on-board video ram that would allow more colors and such. The ram
on the COCO3 would then be freed up for programming.

John Donaldson