[Coco] Raspberry Pi as Virtual Floppy Disk???

Nick Marentes nickma at optusnet.com.au
Sun Jun 16 17:26:14 EDT 2013

 > That is exactly what I hope the CoCo SDC will be.
 > It was previewed at the recent CoCoFEST.
 > Check out Allen Huffman's video and you can
 > catch a brief glimpse of the pak at the 2 minute mark:

 > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sshcYHuBnvc>

 > Darren

That is EXACTLY what I have been after all these years!

Any idea when it will be ready for purchase?

Rasberry Pi and drivewire is good but apart from all the extra hardware
and power hanging off my CoCo, How long would I have to wait after the
CoCo has powered up in half a second till the Pi is booted and Drivewire
server is ready? Someone mentioned a minute?!!

The CoCo SDC sounds like it upholds the beauty of of fast boot that is a
feature of these "retro" computers and that nowadays seems to be the
latest "new idea".

Nick