[Coco] Raspberry Pi as Virtual Floppy Disk???

David Ladd drencor at gamepixel.net
Sun Jun 16 13:29:31 EDT 2013

On Sun, Jun 16, 2013 at 12:24 PM, Tony Cappellini <cappy2112 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Message: 2
> Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 20:43:52 -0400
> From: billg999 at cs.uofs.edu
> Subject: Re: [Coco] Raspberry Pi as Virtual Floppy Disk???
> To: "CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts" <coco at maltedmedia.com>
>
> > In TRS-80 email list, in February, will touched this topic
> > Raspberry Pi as Virtual Floppy Disk???
> > Are saying Review it, you can also do to the coco
>
> You should be able to run a DriveEire Server on a RaspberryPi.
> Isn't that a bit better than just a Virtual Floppy Disk?
>
> Does drivewire run on Linux?
> I thought it only ran on Windows.

DriveWire Server runs on anything that has JRE 6 or newer.  This includes
the Linksys NSLU2, phones, and almost anything else you can get system
level access to.

> The Rpi doesn't support java at the moment, and running the graphical
> desktop is pretty sluggish.

Actually the part about Raspberry Pi does not support java is not true.
Currently I have java 7 on my raspberry pi and running the drivewireserver
on it with two USB RS232 dongles without any problem.

As far as the graphical part goes I turn the gui off so as all horse power
goes to the raw server parts of the programs.