[Coco] Raspberry Pi as Virtual Floppy Diskâ€

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 11:03:14 EDT 2013

On Sun, Jun 16, 2013 at 10:57 AM, Steve Bjork <6809er at srbsoftware.com> wrote:
> On 6/16/2013 6:29 AM, Retro Canada wrote:
>>
>> for copy protected even floppy emulators will fail.
>>
> No true.  The design that I was working on (a few years back) would work
> with all Tandy & SRB Software stuff.  It's all in how you handle the format
> of the track data.
>
> Steve

Yep, it is possible to make nearly anything (maybe everything) work if
you present what appears to be a standard FDC to the CoCo.  For
instance CoCo3FPGA uses a second processor to speak DriveWire behind
the scenes but look like a completely normal FDC to the CoCo.  There
has also been talk of adding this functionality to the DriveWire
support in VCC.  Darren Atkinson had a controller that did this in a
real CoCo.  This used the DMK format to support every operation of the
WD floppy controller, something standard DriveWire does not do but
could easily be extended to support.