[Coco] Raspberry Pi as Virtual Floppy Diskâ€

David Ladd drencor at gamepixel.net
Sun Jun 16 00:32:55 EDT 2013

On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 7:43 PM, <billg999 at cs.uofs.edu> wrote:

> You should be able to run a DriveEire Server on a RaspberryPi.
> Isn't that a bit better than just a Virtual Floppy Disk?

Well drivewire server is good for the 256 byte sectored disk images, but
when it comes to copy protected floppy disks a way of true full floppy
emulation is needed in this case.  I know that a device that can fully
emulate the MFM so that copy protection can be backed up is best for this
type of project.

Drivewire server is great for a lot of things except for copy protected
floppy disk images.