[Coco] Who is making a SD floppy emulator?

Matthew D Stock stock at bexkat.com
Fri Jun 14 21:13:12 EDT 2013

I think there are at least a couple of us working on this type of
project.  I believe Darren Atkinson's work was demoed at the most recent
fest.  I believe there are a few commercial offerings as well, but using
CF cards.

I am nearing completion of a device that will mimic both cartridges and
a FDC, pulling images for both off of SD.  I am waiting for what I
believe will be the final board design to be manufactured, and then I'll
write the FD emulation microcontroller code.

Mine is designed more for experimenters, and the software and design are
up on github.  I'll be selling completed and tested units for around $65
each.  This design requires an external microcontroller to do the
programming, but my sample code works with an AVR/Arduino.  If there's a
lot of interest, I'll design the uC into the board, but I liked the idea
of keeping things modular.

Let me know if you want to learn more.  Code is up at
https://github.com/mattstock/cococpld.
   -Matt