[Coco] OS9 vs RSDOS disks

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Thu Jun 13 23:18:23 EDT 2013

Wayne, I actually have a copy of that in my docs folder in my "Disk and File formats" document that I use for reference.
The only problem is that almost every byte on an RSDOS disk will change from disk to disk. Yes, the directories are always on track 17, but every directory is different unless it's a backup. So there are no constants that I know of. The method Mr. Gault displayed was giving me a constant on Os9 disks. So if it fails that test, then it's most likely an rsdos disk. Then a directory read will tell the tale. This will all be done from OS-9

Thanks

Bill Pierce
http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia