[Coco] OS9 vs RSDOS disks

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Thu Jun 13 23:12:28 EDT 2013

Bob, this (for now) going to be exclusive to OS9. I just need to know how to ID asto whether a disk is OS9 or DECB. The program is for writing to and from DECB disks from OS9 (fd, hd, vhd etc) with a file manager so, if the user selects a drive, I can verify if the disk in the drive is os9 or rsdos. Of course it will error one way or the other, but then you have to deal with the error. I think if I use Mr Gault's method, it would be safe to assume if it didn't pass the test, then it's an RSDOS disk.
Here's a link to the blog for the new program

https://sites.google.com/site/dabarnstudio/hrsview

It should be in testing mode by next week :-)

Bill Pierce
http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com