[Coco] Added 2 More PCBs To My Breadboard Adaptor Collection

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 14:47:02 EDT 2013

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 7:36 AM, Kip Koon wrote:
> I have just received some Coco Cartridge Bus Slot Extenders / Adaptors from
> my PCB fabricator.  A link to a picture in my dropbox follows.
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/36iluj95b96u13l/Coco%20Cart%20Bus%20to%2040%20pins
> %20Adapter%20Board.jpg
> You can have want ever connector you like soldered into the 2 rows of 20
> pins' holes.
> I was thinking of making some available with a right angle 40-pin IDC
> connector so it can be used to connect to a solderless bread board like you
> are talking about.  Actually that is the very reason I had some of these
> made in the first place.  I too want to experiment with creating some new
> PCBs to give new capabilities to our beloved Coco.

> I also just ordered a 40-pin IDC connector to pin header adaptor from ebay
> to be able to use a standard 40 conductor IDE Hard Drive cable and link the
> above mentioned adaptor to a solderless breadboard.  The link follows.
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=221147412021
> With these three items, you can successfully connect any Coco's Cartridge
> Slot to a solderless breadboard and experiment to your heart's content.

Hi Kip,
Although I haven't tried this myself, I would recommend to use a board
like Matthew's buffered connector board
(http://www.bexkat.com/products.html), instead of the passive
GimeChip.com connector design. The buffers can help protect the Coco's
internal circuitry if you make a mistake on your breadboard or other
external circuitry.

Regards,
Tormod