[Coco] Rebuilding-revisited

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 14:32:52 EDT 2013

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 6:06 PM, Bill Gordon wrote:
> I have found an older cassette player, but don't have a cable from Coco to
> it. Does anyone have a spare I could have (and any other hardware or
> software)? Right now the only option is to type, and 'arthur' don't like me
> typing (if you know what I mean).

Hi Bill,
You can also make your own cable, see for instance:
http://www.cs.unc.edu/~yakowenk/coco/text/cassette.html

For loading programs from tape you only need to hook up the (black)
"ear" jack, to pin 2 and 4 on the Coco socket. If you can't find a
5-pin DIN connector, two stubs of thick wire (e.g. paper clip) will
fit quite nicely into the socket. A mono or stereo headphone jack will
do in the other end.

Regards,
Tormod