[Coco] I'm Lost

Ed Orbea ed.orbea at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 22:36:05 EDT 2013

I am having a hard time creating a floppy boot disk as described in the
SuperiDE read.me file.
My system is:
CoCo3 with Triad memory upgrade
MPI
 - Slot 1 = SuperIDE using CF card (no separate IDE drive)
 - Slot 2 = Tandy Stereo Pak
 - Slot 3 = Modified SSP
 - Slot 4 = DIsto SCII with HDB-DOS in ROM
2 DSDD 3.5" drives
Roy's VGA adapter connected to and LCD display

When I boot the system, the MPI selector is on slot #1
I choose the option to boot NitrOS9 from virtual drive 255 via the
Autoexec.bas file

I am trying to run the mb_floppy_d0 script (as is) before I start playing
with ahy changes

What happens is that I get Error 240 and can't even format the diskette.
Using the other options in the autoexec file, I either can't boot NirtOS9
from the CF card, of can't access the physical floppy drive
Eveb doing a Drive OFF command before issuing a DOS255 command, does nat
allow me to access physical drive '0'
Could it be the fact that my floppy controller has HDB-DOS as well as the
SuperIDE has HDB-DOS and they are conflicting with each other?

What I want to do is to make a backup 'bootable' floppy drive, or even
create a bootable floppy using the CF card.

Any help is appreciated.