[Coco] Mess 0148b not accepting -flop0 command

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Sat Jun 8 23:04:14 EDT 2013

Ben Jimenez wrote:
> Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus <retrocanada76 at ...> writes:
>

>> -try flop1
>>

> the Rainbow IDE seems to be hard coded to try -flop0 but this is not working.
> I searched through all the files in the Rainbow IDE programs folder, but did
> not find anything that would let me change the commands used by the Rainbow
> IDe. I did find the command line options windows, but this only lets you add
> commands, not change what the IDE uses.

Ben,

You will need to alter Rainbow IDE with some kind of raw file editor. The
program hard codes not only -flop0 but also messgui.exe. If you alter the
program with an editor from -flop0 to -flop1, then disks will get mounted.

MESS has not officially released a gui version for some time and in any case,
the unofficial version is now called messui.exe. I've not been able to get a
name change from messgui.exe to messui.exe to work by patching Rainbow IDE. So,
you will need to rename your MESS program. It won't matter whether you are
starting with mess.exe or messui.exe.

Robert