[Coco] David Keil Emulators

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Thu Jun 6 13:26:22 EDT 2013

Robert,
Unless he has updates he hasn't released, the last release of his emulator is in all the archives.
He was at the fest showing off the emulator in a vbox and dosbox, but he hasn't surfaced around here for a while.
I personally liked the GUI he used for his emulator. It represented a lot more hardware than any other and was well thought out. There were a few bugs that needed to be ironed out I think, but for the most part, they (coco 2 & 3) worked. I think there was a few problems with hard drives and OS-9, but that could be fixed.
I used them quite a bit before Vcc finally got stable enough to run NitrOS-9 from a vhd. I also switched (like most people) due to it being restricted to no higher than WinXp. Vcc will run on Win 8.
Now with DosBox and VMboxes, I wouldn't mind running it again if he'd add the Becker port. That would be awsome. These days, I'm lost without HDBDOS, NitrOS-9 and DriveWire :-)

I've run just about every emulator made for the Coco. I think I was one of first 25 people to buy a copy of Jeff Vavsour's Coco 3 emulator. I had prepaid for it before he ever released it back when my original Coco 3 was still running. I still have the the original 3.5in 1.44m MSDOS disk I recieved.
I followed the Keil emulators and Vcc releases from their 1st to last releases.

Bill Pierce
http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com