[Coco] ack!

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Tue Jun 4 17:59:05 EDT 2013

Bob, that's definately the Level 3 disk.
But... It will not boot on VCC or MESS. It may boot on a real Coco. Mine is down so I cant test it.

To those asking... No, it doesn't support DW. If you read Alan's docs, (in the level 3 folder in the repo), you'll see why. Also, if this is Alan's build, it's Nitros9 L2 v1.22m and that was waaaaay before DW was supported. And no... throwing in the newer modules will not work.

Also, Bob's disk is DSDD 80trk with DNS=3. If you have DNS set to 1 it will not read.
 Also according to Alan's notes, once booted, it CANNOT be cobbled. You MUST build it from scratch (using Nitros9 L2 v 1.22n) and then, ONLY according to Alan's boot order. Otherwise this will not boot in any shape or form. I played with this, making boots for about a year and it's more tempermental than any OS9 boot system I've worked with.

Bill Pierce
http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com