[Coco] ack!

Lothan lothan at newsguy.com
Tue Jun 4 17:11:23 EDT 2013

From: Gene Heskett
Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2013 5:53 AM
To: coco at maltedmedia.com
Subject: Re: [Coco] ack!

> I am on the lwtools-port branch, and a repeat just now returns:
> gene at coyote:/opt/nitros9$ make hgupdate
> hg pull
> Password:
> pulling from ssh://gheskett@hg.code.sf.net/p/nitros9/code
> searching for changes
> no changes found
> hg update
> 0 files updated, 0 files merged, 0 files removed, 0 files unresolved
>
> So wherever it went, it is not visible to the lwtools-port branch.

If you cd nitros9, what do you get from hg paths, hg tip, and hg head?

$ hg paths
default = ssh://lothan@hg.code.sf.net/p/nitros9/code

$ hg tip
changeset:   2829:ed9a4cb85fb3
branch:      lwtools-port
tag:         tip
user:        boisy
date:        Sun Jun 02 15:30:19 2013 -0500
summary:     Fixed makefiles and defsfile for level 3

$ hg head
changeset:   2829:ed9a4cb85fb3
branch:      lwtools-port
tag:         tip
user:        boisy
date:        Sun Jun 02 15:30:19 2013 -0500
summary:     Fixed makefiles and defsfile for level 3

The tip and head in this case should be the same if you're on the
lwtools-port branch, which I think you already are. If you are on the
default branch, I think head would show the head revision/changeset of the
default branch.

If push comes to shove, you might run hg verify and then try hg pull and hg
update again. I doubt this is the problem, though.

> Boisy must be having hardware probs, I've copied to his home address at t-
> boy.com with my concerns, without a reply.
>
> Note also that the commit message just below it says 'lwtools-port', but
> that top commit says 'lwtools-port tip'
>
> I don't know enough about hg to know what that difference might mean, but
> suspect its now another branch.  Except 'hg branches' only returns
> lwtools-
> port.

The tip just indicates the most recently added changeset (e.g. the last
commit). If I have my terminology straight, the head is the last commit of a
branch so you can have multiple heads (e.g. one for each branch) but only
one tip.