[Coco] ack!

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon Jun 3 09:18:08 EDT 2013

On Monday 03 June 2013 09:02:57 Bill Pierce did opine:

> Ok, finally got cygwin back up and running properly. Cygwin still gives
> an error on "cygwinutils.sh" on the install. Then lwtools is still
> giving a bunch of warnings in the build.
>
> Now I can make it all the way up to "make" or "make all" on the repo and
> every single file says it can't find the "/lib" or "/defs" folder and
> fails. It goes through every directory and makefile with the same
> results. The "/lib" and "/defs" folders arethere and in their proper
> places.
>
> So now what's missing?

That sounds as if the ENV variable, NITROS9DIR has not been set and
exported, but I've no clue how to do that on windows.
On linux, from a shell, echo $NITROS9DIR should echo the path to the root
of the nitros9 tree, wherever its located on your machine.
That might be best done with a shell script that uses the windows version
of `pwd` (note the backticks) like this.

export NITROS9DIR=`pwd`

executed in a build script that lives in the nitros9 directory which causes
the return of `pwd` to be assigned to that environment variable for that
user only.

Mine looks like this so far:
------------
#!/bin/bash
export NITROS9DIR=`pwd`
make clean dskclean
make $@
make dsk
make dw
But there are both makefiles and defsfiles to fix, the level3 stuff never
has had the defsfiles changed to reflect the new names in the ./defs
directory.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My views
To err is human, to forgive is against company policy.
         law-abiding citizens.