[Coco] ack!

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 14:56:41 EDT 2013

On Sun, 2 Jun 2013, Gene Heskett wrote:

> So did I, but I used Boisy's help and pulled a fresh copy of the repo,
> 2200+ files.  I moved the old repo out of the way first, but now I'm
> getting a "-e" error from lwasm that doesn't exist in the env, makefile, or
> in rules.mak.  Its getting invented someplace I think.  Must be about
> reboot time so it can refresh the ENV.  Or I can export an empty
> $NITROS9DIR, then export it back to /opt/nitros9, but that didn't help, and
> I do get the correct rules.mak if I access it by the $NITROS9DIR/rules.mak.

I updated to the lwtools branch (thanks to all who clarified that issue).
It builds without errors here on Ubuntu 10.04.  That said, there's
something unpleasantly familiar about extraneous '-e' flags causing a
problem.  Seems like I've been down this road.

To ensure it's not basic environmental settings, can you try building
using this little script (run in the root directory of the sources):

--------------- cut here ----------------
#!/bin/bash

export NITROS9DIR=`pwd`

make $@
--------------- cut here ---------------

Save this as 'build.sh' and set executable:

$ chmod +x build.sh

Then clean and give it a spin:

$ build.sh clean; build.sh

If still n.g., what do these tell you?

$ which make

$ dpkg -l | grep make

Where did you get the lwtools package currently on the machine?  I'm using
the debian package from Tormod Volden (IIRC).

Steve