[Coco] Retrochallenge -- Micro-C for CoCo

billg999 at cs.uofs.edu billg999 at cs.uofs.edu
Wed Jul 31 12:51:50 EDT 2013

> John,
> I would love to see this mature into a an official release. This has been
> needed for a long time.

What has been needed?  A C compiler?  What's wrong with the MicroWare
C Compiler?  I haven't used it in ages, but back in my first go around
with OS9 (the original one, not NitrOS9) I never ran into any serious
problems with it.

On a side note, I have long planned on trying to take Small C and
make it work on the COCO with an eye towards expanding it into a
usable C compiler as well as coming up with a version of Tiny Pascal
that could then be expanded into a more complete (if not ISO) compiler.
But I never had a time schedule as I only do this because I love
working with compilers.  :-)

bill