[Coco] SuperIDE backup/restore

Ed Orbea ed.orbea at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 23:19:20 EDT 2013

In regards to discussions regarding this thread
1) all the cf cards indent to Mark were 256mg cards
2) 3 were Sandisk and 1(the 1 that did not have enough space was not a Sandisk)
3) the 3 Sandisk cards that Mark graciously imaged for me did not work in my sIDE cart.
4) when I install them and power on the system (the flash memory bank is still set where it was when Mark shipped it) the system hangs
5) when I do nothing other than to power off the system, and insert the cloud9 dist cf card, everything works.

So I do not think it is the sIDE cart
I do think it is a CF card problem
What I want to do, then I get back from work-related travel (I'm in Florida this week) is to wipe one of the new cf cards. Then build a cf 'from scratch' using the documentation HDB-DOS, SuperIDE, READ.ME files/documentation. What I will not do is to burn the EPROM file Thant is created by the wizard, I'll just loadmasters and exec.

If that works, I'll attempt to backup the new cf image to an identical cf card.

Sent from my iPad