[Coco] SuperIDE backup/restore

Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) retrocanada76 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 01:20:48 EDT 2013

i did some experiments, refomartted the CF on windows again and  dd'ed over
it without removing any partitions and now it works.

Looks like there is some persistent data from factory. I can't explain why
is working now but not when I get from the package. I remember too that to
make my previous 8gb CF card to work I had to make an Active Disk Image
copy using the raw mode. After that the DD worked fine since then. But
never at very first try.

On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 12:14 AM, Mark McDougall <msmcdoug at iinet.net.au>wrote:

> On 29/07/2013 1:55 PM, Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) wrote:
>
>  I tried sudo dd of=/dev/sdb and it wans't working. Once is written it
>> destroys all the partitions but superIDE was unable to boot on it. Only
>> after deleting all partitions and writing over a non-allocated partition
>> that worked for me.
>>

> I'm not calling you a liar, but that doesn't make sense to me!?! I'd like
> to understand how/why this would make any difference at all... :(
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> |              Mark McDougall                | "Electrical Engineers do it
> |  <http://members.iinet.net.au/~**msmcdoug<http://members.iinet.net.au/~msmcdoug>>
>   |   with less resistance!"

Long live the CoCo