[Coco] Might be of interest..

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Jul 24 11:36:39 EDT 2013

On Wednesday 24 July 2013 11:19:18 L. Curtis Boyle did opine:

> I didn't see one in there. The PBJ Wordpak was an 80 column card (I
> think Radio Shack even sold it through Express order at one time) for
> the Coco 1/2. OS-9 Level 1 even had drivers for it.
>
> L. Curtis Boyle
> curtisboyle at sasktel.net

I even have Level 2 drivers for it, based on some early work by Dennis
Scala, but Boisy, although I had sent a copy, nuked them on the way to
Nitros9.  But that Maggy "PC Monitor 80" monitor that sat beside my 8CM515
for a decade was fading, so I quit worrying about it.

My wp-rs is no longer compatible with the level1 drivers without patching
those because it gobbled up an 8 byte wide I/O assignment as shipped, but
only needed 4 addresses, so mine now stays within a 4 byte wide I/O block.
The chip is capable of a far better display than the stock driver sets it
to do & my latest drivers(s) had all that incorporated in it.  And my wp-rs
also outputs separate H & V syncs like those old monitors liked so well,
very stable pix.