[Coco] 248 errors in NitrOS-9 repository

Lothan lothan at newsguy.com
Sat Jul 20 19:16:23 EDT 2013

I'm leaning toward it being a bug in os9.exe. The reason I say this is
because the output of make for the sierra christmas86_dw.dsk, I see error
248 adding a few files to the root directory of this disk. The odd thing is
that this disk has 2MB or more free and the root directory only has 8 files
in it. I also checked the segment entries for the root directory and found
the root directory has 8 sectors allocated to it. Strange.

Right now I'm trying to get into a situation so I can walk through os9.exe
to find out why it's reporting error 248 on this disk, but it's been one of
those days... I tried to install a missing zip package and Cygwin decided it
needed to install gcc 4.7.3, so it won't build toolshed. I then moved over
to an Ubuntu machine and it decided it doesn't want to boot for some reason.