[Coco] building lwtools as user on RPi

William Astle lost at l-w.ca
Fri Jul 19 09:57:37 EDT 2013

On 2013-07-19 01:48, Bob Devries wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I tried again to build lwtools on Rpi as a user (not root).
>
> Here's the make output:
>
> Building dependencies for ...
> Building ...
> .
> .
> [multiple lwtools files identically addressed...]
> .
> .
> Building dependencies for lwlib/lw_cmdline.o
> Building lwlib/lw_cmdline.o
> Linking /lwlib/liblw.a
> Linking /lwasm/lwasm
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -llw
> Collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [lwasm/lwasm] error 1
>
> Comments?

This means you have a broken compiler or linker or you've done something
bizarre.

Is there a file lwlib/liblw.a present? If not, then you also have a
broken make program because it should have bailed out if a prerequisite
for a target failed to build.

I would strongly recommend you remove the lwtools source tree completely
and start again fresh. DO NOT do any step of the build as root. DO NOT
use sudo for any step of the build. The only step that needs root access
is installing to /usr/local/bin/ and you can skip that step and manually
copy the binaries wherever you want them.