[Coco] floppy drive question - only a little OT

Robert Hermanek rhermanek at centurytel.net
Thu Jul 18 21:28:37 EDT 2013

Since my recent success with 3.5" on my coco3 (thank you everyone) I
decided to open up my Tandy 1000 HX and see what kind of floppy it has.
I know it is a standard 720k floppy in terms of software, but when I
looked in the case I've got this:  what appears to be a perfectly normal
floppy drive, with 34 pin cable attached, and no power cable on the 4
pin power connector.  Floppy works fine of course -- is it an option I
was unaware of for floppy drives to receive power via the 34 pin ribbon
cable itself?  I was going to stick a second drive in there, but there
is no 4 pin power cable available...

Just a little mystery.

-RobertH