[Coco] continuing to eliminate errors in the nitros9 build

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Thu Jul 18 01:38:00 EDT 2013

On Thursday 18 July 2013 00:37:13 Bob Devries did opine:

> Hi all,
> I'm continuing my self-imposed witch-hunt for errors in the nitros9
> build. Although I don't have (and don't really want) write access to
> the repo, I do hope that someone of greater status than myself will
> check out my reports and action them.
>
> The latest is; in file:
>
> /nitros9/level1/d64/cmds/makefile
>
> under the heading:
>
> DRAGON525CMDS
>
> need to remove the obsolete?? ACIA51 and a duplicate DMODE

I have, in my copy, removed the duplicate dmode, but I know very little
about the dragon's serial com port hardware.  If the only ACIA it could
have had is from a modem pack or deluxe rs232 pack, then we probably should
switch that to the sc6551 support, same as the coco's IOW.

So I left the ACIA51 in that list, then did  a "make dskclean;make
clean;make dsk" in the level1/d64 directory, and followed the trace.

There was no place in the trace where ACIA51 could be found, and it did
build and use the two sc6651.dt's, but failed on ACIA51.

Looking in the coco1 tree I find that was built in the modules makefile, so
I put it in the d64/modules/makefile, but there are now missing defines:
lwasm --6309 --format=os9 --
pragma=pcaspcr,nosymbolcase,condundefzero,undefextern,dollarnotlocal --
includedir=. --includedir=/opt/nitros9/defs -DNOS9VER=3 -DNOS9MAJ=2 -
DNOS9MIN=9 -DNOS9DBG=1 -Dd64=1 -I/opt/nitros9/level1/modules
/opt/nitros9/level1/modules/sc6551.asm -osc6551.dr
WARNING: IFP1 if is not supported; ignoring
/opt/nitros9/level1/modules/sc6551.asm:00025            ifp1

ERROR: Undefined symbol MPI.Slot
/opt/nitros9/level1/modules/sc6551.asm:00198 SlotSlct   fcb   MPI.Slot
selected MPI slot

ERROR: Undefined symbol MPI.Slct
/opt/nitros9/level1/modules/sc6551.asm:00351            sta   >MPI.Slct
set MPI slot select register

make[1]: *** [sc6551.dr] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/nitros9/level1/d64/modules'

I suspect that will need to be added to d64/defs/dragon.d, but doing that
did no good, it is not using dragon's defs at all.

And later in the build:

make[1]: Entering directory `/opt/nitros9/level1/d64/bootfiles'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `../modules/vtio.dr', needed by
`bootfile_cohr_ds40'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/nitros9/level1/d64/bootfiles'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Which did end the make dsk.  So there are other errors to chase down and be
tested by someone with a dragon 64.

Somebody with a dragon 64 please pipe up here.