[Coco] ... and now on Ubuntu 13.04...

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Jul 16 20:03:40 EDT 2013

On Tuesday 16 July 2013 19:52:31 Bob Devries did opine:

> Gene said:
> > I may have a clue, but I can't find any references to it in lwtools
> > docs.
>
> I'm going to try to replace that macro with just 6 bytes of FCB which
> fairly closely relate to today's date & time, and see if that compiles.
> The actual values are not important, IMHO, since it's just used to
> kickstart the clock (I think).
>
> Regards, Bob Devries
> Dalby, QLD, Australia

Kickstarting the clock, IF one has a hardware clock, should not be needed
as (unless the clocks have been played with) the first call to F$Time will
get the time from its associated hardware clock, initializing the internal
clock to be in synch with the hardware. They also resynch to the hardware
clock in some instances at hourly or 12 hour intervals depending on the
clock module in use.

But something is a bit rotten someplace, I noted mine came up showing a
date/time back in the 1990's that was totally bogus this past week.  Its
possible the battery in my TC^3 is gone, I haven't checked it, but AIR its
a cr2032, a relatively huge battery, and one that should be able to keep a
cmos clock alive for years.  And of course it has been for a large part of
a decade here at the Heskett's JOAT Emporium. ;-)

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My views
Q:	How many lawyers does it take to change a light bulb?
A:	One.  Only it's his light bulb when he's done.
         law-abiding citizens.