[Coco] drive motors

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Fri Jul 12 20:20:46 EDT 2013

Robert Hermanek wrote:
> In a two drive system, all working perfectly, is it normal that whether or not
> you are accesssing disk 0 or disk 1, drive motors on both drives spin?  The
> in-use light lights up properly on drive 0 or drive 1 as expected, just that
> both motors spin.
>
> -RobertH

Maybe it is the controller or the way you set jumpers and resistor blocks in
your drives. On my two floppy system, the only floppy that turns on is the one
in use.

I have tested this with a Disto SC-II and two Tandy controllers using the stock
DOS1.1. One floppy is a 3.5" the other a 5.25" drive.

Robert