[Coco] SuperIDE and CF Cards

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 15:52:47 EDT 2013

On Jul 10, 2013 8:55 AM, "Mark Marlette" <mmarlette at frontiernet.net> wrote:

> Aaron,
>
> So noted....Not sure what the issue is then. Common tool was SideWalk,
did a compare and not equal. I didn't look at where the difference were.
Could very well be the unused partition between NitrOS-9 and HDB-DOS.

> I verified that it was not an sIDE issue, found a free alt solution for
raw backups.

> How do you tell what is used and what is not? Detect LSN0, read gemotry,
then scan for a formated HDB-DOS disk beyond that?

> Wouldn't it be easier just to save the whole CF???? That way to validate,
binary compare of the files???

It would be easier to write such a program, but there are already several
fine options for making raw images.  Its more useful for me if sidewalk
creates files that are actually usable (in drivewire)... so thats what I
wrote.
I could add a blind copy option too, but again there are already mature
utils for that so not sure its worth the confusion?

> Regards,
>
> Mark

errors on a 256MB image. So not sure what it is doing...??? Do not use it
otherwise you will have corruption. Aaron will need to address this issue.
Sure it has something to do with HDB-DOS and NitrOS-9 partitions on same
device.