[Coco] SuperIDE and CF Cards

Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) retrocanada76 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 10:15:56 EDT 2013

I think the first mistake here is that he is trying to install OS-9 without
knowing what it really is.

First thing: starting reading the nitros-9 technical documentation. Read
all about drivers and descriptors. There are some Rainbow magazines
explaining the OS-9 boot process. (November - 1983 ? don't remember, you
can look the OCR index). Once you know about the boot file, kernel drivers,
scf, rbf, etc you can now start looking at the build scripts. Now magikally
they will start to make sense for you.

It's perfectly possible to rebuild NitrOS-9 without floppy but you will
need DW, but is also much better using VCC because there you can emulate a
superIDE and floppy drives. Make your virtual CF and then transfer to your
real CF. SuperIDE emulation on VCC uses real rbsuper drivers not emulation
ones.

Long live the CoCo