[Coco] SuperIDE and CF Cards

Gustavo Ranaur Schoenaker ranaur at ranaur.net
Wed Jul 10 00:44:41 EDT 2013

Mark,

After this kind RTFM :-), I read all I'm thinking to initialize the card
from scratch, not to copy from the original one.

Problem is, I don't have the multipak, so I can't use the floppy and the
superIDE simultaneously. What are my options to initialize it? Copy
wizard.bas to tape? Use driveware? Any help/FAQ old post I can follow?

For the records I compared every single byte of the cards. The good card
has exactally 256901120 bytes. I compared each of them. So, copy errors are
excluded. The only think I can think about is different geometry, that`s
why I'll try to start from scratch.

c3po:SuperIDE ranaur$ cp /dev/disk3 256_CARD
c3po:SuperIDE ranaur$ diskutil eject /dev/disk3
Disk /dev/disk3 ejected
c3po:SuperIDE ranaur$ ls -l 256_CARD
-rw-r-----  1 ranaur  staff  256901120 Jul 10 00:45 256_CARD
c3po:SuperIDE ranaur$ dc
256901120 1024 / p
250880
250880 1024 * p
256901120
^C
c3po:SuperIDE ranaur$ dd if=/dev/disk3 of=4GB_CARD bs=1024 count=250880
dd: /dev/disk3: No such file or directory
c3po:SuperIDE ranaur$ dd if=/dev/disk3 of=4GB_CARD bs=1024 count=250880
250880+0 records in
250880+0 records out
256901120 bytes transferred in 45.345194 secs (5665454 bytes/sec)
c3po:SuperIDE ranaur$ diff 256_CARD 4GB_CARD
c3po:SuperIDE ranaur$