[Coco] DW3 WireBug mode

Brett Gordon beretta42 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 7 21:46:38 EDT 2013

Why can't a Wire-Bug client be a loadable program separate from HDB ?  Does
it have to be on ROM ?   I believe HDB now has some extra memory pointers
to the low-level drivewire routines located just above the DSKCON
pointers.  It should be simple to add wirebug, even using basic.  I don't
think HDBDOS uses the swi interrupts for anything, either.  This should
make a simple  monitor pretty easy to make (and small).

On on DW server side however... Aarron would have to do some pretty major
crap to add a disassembler and a UI for the interface.

counter-point:  With MESS and JV emulators both having a debuging mode,
doesn't this render a wire-bug redundant ?

Brett