[Coco] VCC and NitrOS9

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Thu Jul 4 15:47:27 EDT 2013

On Thursday 04 July 2013 15:40:32 Bill did opine:

> O.K., I ran memtest86 v4.20 for 15 minutes and it showed no errors. So,
> I'm back where I started from. I still have no idea

15 minutes Bill?  That isn't long enough to get thru the first test loop
unless you only have 256 megs of dram in the machine.  Memtest86 bangs on
it with at least 256 different bit patterns, and typically takes around 2
hours per main loop completion on this machine with 4Gb of dram and a quad
core phenom cpu.  I normally let it run 10 passes or so because I have seen
it run 6 passes before one bit finally failed at 4096 byte address
intervals all up and down the whole 4Gb map.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My views
Give me a sleeping pill and tell me your troubles.
         law-abiding citizens.