[Coco] DW3 WireBug mode

Boisy Pitre boisy at tee-boy.com
Thu Jul 4 09:30:10 EDT 2013

I actually got as far as to create a wirebug component in NitrOS-9.

See wbug.asm in the NitrOS-9 repository under level1/modules.

By issuing the calldbg command (level1/cmds/calldbg.asm), one can get a CoCo running NitrOS-9 Level 1into debug mode, whereupon a server could take it over and send commands.

As per the comments in wbug.asm, it works under Level 1, but I never got back to making it work under Level 2, where it would reside as a kernel extension (KrnP3).

I have no time to devote to CoCo stuff right now, so I cannot complete the work, but it would also need a server component. Aaron, I think you could readily code this up in DW4.