[Coco] DW3 WireBug mode

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Wed Jul 3 23:14:27 EDT 2013

Mark Marlette wrote:
> Aaron,
>
> This would require that HDB-DOS go to 16K, as I recall there was about 8 bytes left free in the current version.
>
> There are reason why Boisy never broke the 16K barrier, which of course he knew how to do in a heartbeat. I just don't know them ATM.
>
> So unless the code is compact or something is removed.......not a lot of space left.
>

> Regards,
>
> Mark

There is a small amount of space that could be used for extra routines if we
were willing to give up the FlexiKey code. Probably it would not free up enough
space though.

Using a 16K ROM is not that difficult and ADOS3 is an example. It certainly
would take very careful coding on a Coco3 since Basic code resides in the second 8K.